Patch for slow smbclient performance

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Thu Jun 24 12:42:22 GMT 1999

I must admit I havenot looked at the patch but is there any chance that
its affecting the TCP window size? In a switched enviroment where there is
no collision domain but there can be retransmissions, having a smaller
window size could substantially affect how much data would be
retransmitted for an error. Of course I would expect the change to be
linear in that case.... Maybe Microsoft just did a really bad job when
they "invented" MS TCP/IP ;-)

Greg

Greg Dickie
Just A Guy*