drive mappings drop (Take trois.)

Jean Henchey jeannie at mitre.org
Thu Jun 24 12:55:36 GMT 1999

I'm running solaris 2.6 and samba 2.0.0.  My user base is mostly NT4.  I
have 1 volume in samba and about 30+ users connected to it at any time.
(Though the number of people actively editing files is much lower.)

For reasons not recorded in the logfiles, users loose their
identity in samba.  They have already browsed the volume (ie
authenticated to a PDC)..and when they go to edit, SWAT shows that the
users are "nobody".  They get the read-only view of the file space.
They have to re-map the drive in order to get their identities back and
write out files.

I don't understand how samba could forget who the users are.  Was there
a bug in this version?

I would appreciate any help and pointers.

Jean

p.s.  My apologies to all for multiple messages that were blank.