2.0.4b: file structure leackage. Serious bug!

Michael C. Povel Michael.Povel at hub.de
Tue Jun 22 09:44:38 GMT 1999

Hello,
I just tried your patch, and it looks like the problem has disapeered.
We were able to reproduce the problem very quickly, when using DFS in
combination with samba and writable shares.

I hope this helps...

But we also have got another problem. When we copy a file from a
NT-Workstation onto our samba share, the file date an time gets updated,
if the sourcefile was on NTFS. If the source cam from FAT everything is
correct, an the timestamps are not updated. Any clues ?

Thanks

Michael