preexec broken?

CAE Samba Admin caesmb at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Mon Jun 21 21:48:21 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'm running a PDC off of 2.0.4b (I know, I know...) and am having some
trouble with the "preexec" command for making profile directories.  It
appears as though "preexec" isn't even executing.  I've attached my
smb.conf file below.  The command string shows up okay with "testparm" and
everything works great if I stick change it to a "root preexec"; however,
there is no need for this script to be run as root and I want to avoid it
as such.  Yes, I have checked permissions on the script to be executed.  I
can run the script just fine as a user from a shell.  Samba just seems to
ignore it though.  We even ran "truss" on smbd and it simply doesn't look
like preexec is there (no errors, inability to access files, etc).  What
would be the lowest (ie, most readable) debug log that I could send or
make available for some help looking into this?

Thanks,

Kevin