need undelete function (Jeremy, what is your idea?)

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 17 07:54:52 GMT 1999

Majid Tajamolian writes:

> > ps: my little suggestion: if we add some parameters at smb.conf like
> >        protected dir = /home/share, /home/user1 ;
> >        trashcan dir = /smbtrash ;
>
> It seems that implementation of such parameter has some difficulties and
> eventuates reduction on performance (e.g. handling "protected dir"s and
> "trash dir" on the different devices like /dev/hda1 & /dev/hdb1).
> I suggest a service specific parameter in smb.conf like the followings:
>
> 	remove utility = /etc/scripts/saferm

It seems to me that a lot of these "do X when Y happens" improvements
could be handled with some sort of scripting vfs module.  It shouldn't
be too hard to write, although there is currently no process for defining
new entries in smb.conf.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer, Head Bee Guy
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,