FW: patch for safer/saner permissions setting

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Jun 14 19:58:13 GMT 1999

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I also think the idea of retaining the extended security
> (setuid, sticky etc.) bits is a good one, but I'm not sure
> how to rationalize this with the current behaviour which
> prevents any Samba created file from containing any
> of these bits unless set in the "force mask".

	Logically, I can argue that the special bits
	should be honored/retained by Samba if the
	ordinary create mask allows them, and forced
	into place if the force masks sets them.

	That's sufficient, and probably necessary
	(in the adademics' sense of "necessary").

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com