ldap support written for 2.0.4b

Piet Ruyssinck Piet.Ruyssinck at rug.ac.be
Mon Jun 14 10:44:50 GMT 1999

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 08:17:48PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > I rewrote the module so that it fits my needs and so that it works.
> > For those who might be interested, the code is freely available at
> >
> > http://diamond.rug.ac.be/
>
> piet,
>
> thank you very much.  please could you consider writing it to be
> compatible with cvs main branch.  if you can do this i will commit both
> sets of patches into the respective source repositories, immediately.

While browsing through the files in the cvs code tree, I discovered
that the LDAP support code in there is pretty much OK now - unlike what
I found in the 2.0.4b release.  The only thing that might need to be
changed from site to site is the ldap_getpw function in
source/passdb/ldap.c because there's no real standard for samba LDAP
attributes (or is there ?)  Maybe, this function had better be lifted
out of the ldap.c file and be put in a separate file (eg ldap_local.c)

I will first try to make the best possible use of this existing module.
Will the next release be based on this cvs branch ?

Piet RUYSSINCK                  Piet.Ruyssinck at rug.ac.be
Unix Systeem Administratie                +32 9 264 4733
ACADEMISCH REKENCENTRUM (ARC)     Universiteit Gent (RUG)
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, bureel 4     9000 Gent, Belgie