smbfs patches for Linux 2.2.9

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sun Jun 13 05:52:20 GMT 1999

Alan,

I found some time this afternoon to fixup smbfs in 2.2.9. The diff is
available at ftp://samba.org/pub/tridge/misc/smbfs-patch-2.2.9.diff
and is against 2.2.9.

It fixes:

- removes win95 bug workround option
- auto-detects win95 servers and applies appropriate fixes
- fixes debug code to work with dcache
- fixes timezone handling (it was totally broken). It should now
  work and also handles cross-timezone mounts using the servers zone offset.
- fixed file time setting to win95 servers
- removed bogus \\ path prefix in setattr_core

To get all the timezone fixes you should use the current smbmount CVS
code from the SAMBA_2_0 branch (or our next released version) although
it does attempt to detect an old smbmount and do the right thing (the
old smbmount tried to squeeze the timezone in seconds into a 16 bit
int, and it didn't fit for some zones)

Will you propogate this to Linus or shall I?

Cheers, Tridge