nt_transact_ioctl and Project 98

Jon Hilton jon at project.net.au
Thu Jun 10 04:49:01 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm using MS Project 98 on Windows NT 4.0 WS sharing files from samba
2.0.4 on Linux Redhat 5.2.
When I try to open multiple project files, Project ignores the file open
request for the second file.

An excerpt from the relevant log file is:

log.devel2:[1999/06/10 14:04:40, 0]
smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(1491)
log.devel2:  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

The relevant source seems to be (from smbd/nttrans.c in the current cvs
tree):

/****************************************************************************
 Reply to IOCTL - not implemented - no plans.
****************************************************************************/
static int call_nt_transact_ioctl(connection_struct *conn,
                                  char *inbuf, char *outbuf, int length,
                                  int bufsize,
                                  char **ppsetup, char **ppparams, char
**ppdata)
{
  static BOOL logged_message = False;

  if(!logged_message) {
    DEBUG(0,("call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.\n"));
    logged_message = True; /* Only print this once... */
  }
  return(ERROR(ERRSRV,ERRnosupport));
}

At the moment this means that I can't use my Samba server to keep
multiple project files under Project 98. I'm concerned about the "no
plans" bit, though....

Who can I sweet talk? I am quite happy to help provide information and
to test/debug but I don't know the internals of samba or NT well enough
to try and take this on.

Any takers??

Jon Hilton
Project Net