SMBcopy is failing

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Wed Jun 9 11:59:27 GMT 1999

> Can any one please tell me why SMBcopy is failing  or  <br>
> what could be the fault in  my implemention.<br>

I think you'll find that SMBcopy is broken in many SMB servers. It
isn't used by any MS client as far as I know, so it only gets tested
by OS/2 clients. If you work with SMB for a while then you'll find
that anything that isn't used by MS clients probably doesn't work.

if you really want to use SMBcopy then test it against a Samba
server. At least then you can get some decent diagnostics as to why
it's failing.