cannot login to FreeBSD/Samba Server from NT or from the NET

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Jun 7 15:24:21 GMT 1999

Regarding FreeBSD:  I've gotten a report of a problem regarding "Trapdoor
uids".  Someone running FreeBSD please re-run the configure step (might
help to remove config.cache) and see if you are getting a warning
regarding "Trapdoor uids".  If so, let us know.

Regarding the name mangling bug reported below:  What OS are you running?
If not one of the *BSDs (or similar) then this is likely a separate
problem.

Chris -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---