newbie help

pchapman at technical-concepts.co.uk pchapman at technical-concepts.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 10:35:01 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I am very new to the wonderful world of Samba (I have to keep telling my
assistant that its not a south american dance...) and require a little
assistance.

I have downloaded the latest version of Samba, together with all of the
documentation.

I have managed to sucessfully untar the files but I am having difficulty
compiling the files. I am using SCO Unix and when I type in the ./configure
command in the source directory (as per the UNIX INSTALL instructions) I get
an error message saying './configure:cant execute'

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Peter Chapman