SMB password encryption

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Jun 1 16:12:25 GMT 1999

i've not actually heard of any: there used to be some on
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/CIFS at least two years ago, but not
any more (i looked 6 weeks ago).

luke

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Good evening (at least it is here),
>
> I need a reference for LanMan and NT password encryption
> as implemented in SMB.  Can someone point out an official
> document (if such a thing exists) that could be used in
> the references section of a paper?  Other then the Samba
> source code and associated docs of course.
>

> Cheers,
> jerry
>                             Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter
> Engineering Network Services                           Auburn University
> jerry at eng.auburn.edu             http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/cartegw
>
>        "...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
>                                   - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99