generic ACL interface (RFC)

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Wed Jul 28 21:51:05 GMT 1999

	Not at all.  The thing is, you can't express something like "user X
has read/write access _when he is in group Y_" in a single NT ACE, since
that isn't really meaningful in NT -- in Unix, however, a particular process
can have groups associated with it that its owner is not normally a member
of.  (sgid scripts/binaries, for instance)

	Maybe I'm missing something, though.  How would you express the
following ACL in NT parlance?

	 joe.%     rw-
	 %.radar   r--
	 bob.%     ---
	 bob.radar rw-

	(don't ask me _why_ someone would want to do something like that,
but it IS possible with HP-UX ACLs)