2.0.5a core dump in setup_groups()

Ken Weaverling weave at hopi.dtcc.edu
Fri Jul 23 17:44:27 GMT 1999

> I've just worked with someone else who has a reproducible
> crash bug with getpwent when a user is in more than 8
> groups on a DG/UX machine. Set the groups to 8 and
> the problem goes away. It's not an smbd problem (I tested
> it on IRIX :-).

Son of a Kennedy. Raise me, burn me, and chuck me back in the ocean, I think
you might be on to something here.

Yup, I'm definitely in more than 8 groups. I can't confirm this solves it
until sometime Sunday, but it's too much of a coincidence to not be true.

Thanks.

> Buying an operating system without source is like buying
> a self-assembly Space Shuttle with no instructions.

Or flying a plane on a moonless night without reading any instruments.