New param "source environment"?

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 22 06:51:45 GMT 1999

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton writes:

> hum, _someone's_ got to write a vfs module [that doesn't actually do
> direct-file stuff already in smbd], if ever it's to be proven!

Well, I'm pleased to announce an actually somewhat useful VFS module
called samba-fu.  This module allows arbitrary commands to be run after
successful completion of the following operations on a samba share:

    - share connect/disconnect
    - directory open/read/close
    - directory create/remove
    - file open/close
    - file rename/unlink

Download it at http://acsys.anu.edu.au/~tpot/samba-fu/  Some useful
documentation is even included.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer              "Disco Stu doesn't advertise"
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,