problem with quotes in smb.conf

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Mon Jul 19 17:30:27 GMT 1999

I have a print command defined as:

print command = /home/abakun/domyprint 300 "%u" "%s" "%p"

When this gets invoked, %p is replaced with the printer name, but the command
seems to always fail because something, I believe it's in the substitution
code, is removing the trailing  double quote, so the command that gets
executed is:

/home/abakun/domyprint 300 "abakun" "/the/path" "printer

which makes the shell exit with 512 (command line parse error?), according to
the debug logs, and domyprint is never executed.  Obviously, I can get around
this by not putting the last rgument in quotes.

I've spent some time trying to find out where this is exactly happening so a
patch can be written, but I'm stuck.

I've seen this on at all the 2.0.x series, most recently being bitten by it in
2.0.4b last Thursday.

Andy.