Samba Server Problems

Dan Christopherson danch at str.com
Mon Jul 19 13:47:08 GMT 1999

The first thing I'd check is if the Win 98 box is trying to use the
NetBEUI protocol to access SMB services, rather than NetBIOS over
TCP/IP.
That will cause the symptoms you're seeing. Generally, just to avoid
problems, I go into the control panel on Windows machines and remove
NetBEUI
completely. I believe there is a way to set priorities, but I haven't
done
that personally.

danch