named pipe access

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Jan 22 18:49:43 GMT 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Todd Pfaff wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Todd Pfaff wrote:
> >
> > > I have a piece of software running on an NT server that supports a named
> > > pipe API and I'd like to write a unix client interface to this named pipe.
> >
> > named pipe or dce/rpc?
>
> the software claims to have both a named pipe and an rpc interface, but
> only the named pipe api is published.  so, named pipe.

if you want named pipe, see IPC$ commands in smbclient.

if you want dce/rpc pipe, that's easy to deduce / engineer and you want
rpcclient.  the published named pipe api will actually assist you in doing
this.

send a text-print-out of a netmon trace to the list as an example, i'll
take a look and let you know if it makes sense.

luke