Crazy ideas about shares

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 22 03:24:05 GMT 1999

Jeremy Allison writes:

> > Sounds like a job for the Samba VFS which has been implemented in my
> > work area, but desperately waiting to be committed!  Anyone (tridge,
> > jeremy, luke?) have any ideas when I could do this.  I gather the
> > merge from hell (tm) is coming up between 2.0 and 2.1.
>
> Yeah I was wondering what had happened to that :-).

It's still going.  It's not so bad now that there haven't been so many
trunk changes to update to.  I am having this bizzare deadlock bug
that happens in the middle of copying a file where a read/write call
to the VFS completes, but Windows Explorer just sits there waiting for
some unknown condition to occur and doesn't continue sending more
data.  Hitting the cancel button seems to give it a kick in the pants
and it transfers a whole bunch of data before closing the fd.

> The merge from hell indeed. Can you send me your vfs
> changes - I'd love to look at them.

Check out the copy of my work area in ~tpot/samba-vfs directory on
samba.anu.edu.au.  Comments/bugfixes gratefully accepted.  (-:

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer, Head Bee Guy
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,