Samba 2.0 released.

Cliff Green green at UMDNJ.EDU
Fri Jan 15 06:51:11 GMT 1999

<sigh>

Am I the only one having a problem with 2.0 on an HPUX 10.20 machine since
Jeremy corrected the uname -r typo?  Running configure without
modification yields (near the end):

> checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
> checking configure summary
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

If the case selection is edited from *10*|*11* to *11*, removing the
LARGEFILE64_SOURCE define for 10.20, configure finishes and Samba compiles
(ignoring the warnings, of course).

Why is this happening, when HP's docs say it should work?  I'm seeing this
on an old 9000/720 and a new D350, so I don't think we missed any patches.

Anyway, Samba's still better than sliced bread and One Hell Of A Great
Tool.

BTW - there's been some question lately about secure ways to run swat. Has
anyone else tried wrapping it with stunnel?  It seems to be pretty
reliable, pretty easy to set up, and provides an https connection using
whatever size key you feel is adequate (I'm pretty new to this, but I'm
using an RC4-MD5 cipher of 128 bits).

Clifford Green               Internet -  green at umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services     voice -     732-235-5250
UMDNJ-IST                         fax -     732-235-5252
A cheerful heart is good medicine.