Bit Off-Topic: Ethernet Debugging Impossible?

Dan "Effugas" Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Fri Jan 15 05:22:08 GMT 1999

Heh.

While trying to debug Samba packets, I noted that I had no way under Linux
to debug what kind of bad packets my Linux machine was recieving.  Some hops
through the network source showed some debug information, but not much.

Is there no way under linux to detect, say, collisions/CRC errors/etc on the
ethernet interface?

---
In the works of Spelling, a predominant concept is the distinction between
ground and figure. In a sense, the example of textual discourse which is a
central theme of Beverly Hills 90210 emerges again in Models, Inc.. Many
situationisms concerning the bridge between class and sexual identity may be
discovered.
(   http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/postmodern  )