installscripts

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Jan 12 06:36:19 GMT 1999

Hi folks,

I got to thinking about how to ensure that all the scripts that Samba
installs use the correct shell.

I am thinking of modifying $(srcdir)/scripts/installscripts.sh so that it
takes an extra argument and changes each script to that the shell that is
used is changed to the extra argument passed.

Can anyone see any problems with this?  Do I need autoconf tests to figure
out which shell should be used? I am in need of getopts functionality,
which is only provided by ksh under some operating systems (Digital UNIX,
HP-UX ...).

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...