Midnight Commander and SMB

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Fri Jan 8 18:00:13 GMT 1999

Stephen Langasek wrote:
> > I'm not sure then who's bug this is :) for some reason,
> > gnome-metadata.c:144 is calling mkdir() with a NULL pointer
> > for the first argument. This doesn't cause a problem under
> > normal circumstances (?)
>
> According to my (linux) manpages, mkdir should return -1 and set errno to
> EFAULT here.  So it's an smbwrapper bug.  Of course, it may also be a
> gnome bug--it seems odd that gnome would deliberately call mkdir with a
> null pointer.  Would check if I had the gnome sources handy atm..

	This is allowed under the X/Open standard, but i confess
	I've no idea what the resulting directory is called (:-))

	Solaris 7 behaves the same as Linux: it returns -1 and errno
	is EFAULT.

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com