[Patch] Configure broken for Solaris 2.6 (PR#12014)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Jan 7 22:34:56 GMT 1999

eischen at vigrid.com wrote:

> > Your patch has been put up for review to fix this problem. Thank you for your
> > efforts.
> >
> > Please check samba-2.0.0beta5 to confirm that this problem has been closed out.
>
> I'm sorry that it took so long to get back to you.  Our company shuts
> down between Dec23 and Jan 3, and I didn't have access to the Solaris
> 2.6 boxen.
>
> The patch I submitted doesn't look like it was incorporated.  In fact,
> configure on a Solaris 2.6 box still fails:
>
> In file included from configure:9026:
> /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h:93: warning: `struct statvfs64' declared inside parameter list
> /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h:93: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration,
> /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h:93: warning: which is probably not what you want.
> /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h:94: warning: `struct statvfs64' declared inside parameter list
> configure: In function `main':

Which version of gcc are you using ?

I can compile successfully on Solaris 2.6 using gcc 2.8.1.

> For this to work, you have to define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, not _LARGEFILE_SOURCE.
> The define for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is not necessary for detecting statvfs or
> statvfs64.  In other words,
>
>   gcc -o conftest -O  -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE conftest.c -lsec -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lpam
>
> will work.  Here is the diff for source/configure:

According to Dave Collier-Brown, who is a Sun engineer,
this would be the wrong thing to do, which is why I didn't
include the patch the first time. I forget the exact
reasoning but I am CC:ing this message to samba-technical
so he can explain again (sorry Dave :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.