unnecessary rpc code removed from SAMBA_2_0

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Feb 24 19:35:45 GMT 1999

Ok, Luke and I had a long chat :-). It turned out he didn't
realise I was using a lot of that code as a testbed for
a re-design of the RPC subsystem.

I've reinstated it (with his approval).

I don't think the "MS will issue a KB article" on Samba
is any real threat. Broken clients are broken clients,
there's nothing that we can do about that :-).

On another topic, we are preparing to release 2.0.3
as there are several important bugfixes currently in
the 2.0 tree that are improvements over 2.0.2. To
prevent another "brown paper bad" incident like 2.0.1
I would like to request that people on the samba-technical
list who have anon CVS access set up do an update and
test out the 2.0 code.

I'm doing lots of regression testing here at the moment
but as 2.0.1 showed - I sometimes miss something :-) :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.