OS/2 extended attributes

Allen Reese allen at driversoft.com
Tue Feb 23 18:00:37 GMT 1999

There is a way that you could store attributes regardless of underlying
filesystem.  granted it would be a long task, but once you did it you
caould store BeOS attributes, OS/2 Attributes or any other OS'es
attributes.

basically you take advantage of the fact the data is stored in the file,
and the attributes aren't.

then you have a database with all of the files for a dir in it, and in
that you store all the attributes.  or you do like Apple does, they store
a .AppleDpuble directory, and store resource forks in there.

Either way that is a very little on how to do such a thing.

The other part is you would have to write your own client to talk to the
server and store/retrieve these attributes.  ;)

Allen Reese
Senior Software Engineer
Driversoft, Inc.
allen at driversoft.com