Dave share defs?

Andy Alsup AALSUP at bju.edu
Tue Feb 23 13:26:39 GMT 1999

fstype = hpfs seems to work with Dave as well as fs type = Samba.

I also mounted the volume from an NT workstation and verified that
the file names were indeed long. (Seems like they weren't with
fstype=Samba, although, I wasn't looking for that specifically)

I have been a little worried about the data fork and resource fork
issue with Dave, but I'll assume that if I can copy to the volume and
still execute or open a file, everybody is happy. Is this a safe
assumption?

Thanks so much for the assistance you guys have given. I have been
using samba for a little over a year, but I continue to be amazed at
the power and flexability it provides.

>>> Andrew Tridgell <tridge at samba.org> 02/21 7:02 PM >>>
> Quick fix for Dave clients - add the line :
>
> fstype = Samba
>
> to the [global] section of your smb.conf. Thursby also has
> a fix for this on their web site.

I'd be interested to know if "fstype = hpfs" also works. It should
work, and is preferable because NT clients will recognise it as a
long
filename capable filesystem and thus will correctly display dual
names
in directory listings.

Cheers, Tridge