Dave share defs?

Dean Grandquist deang at blueshiftinc.com
Sat Feb 20 01:31:07 GMT 1999

Andy Alsup wrote:

> Does anyone have a working share def for use with Dave 2.1? The most I
> have been able to get is the share mounted with 0k available. It also
> doesn't show any files there.
>
> I have set the share to be as dumb as I can think of, public = yes,
> browseable = yes, etc... but no worky.
>
> This is on Linux 2.0.0pre9 specifically, but also on every other
> kernel I've had in the process of trouble shooting.
>
> I also get a message in the log file that 10000 files were requested,
> but only 1014 were available. I have tweaked this some, but no change.
> I tried the dfree command thing, but still no change.
>
> I have gotten no help from Thursby. Probably because I haven't paid
> them anything yet. I want to know that it works first though.
>
> If someone can point me to the light, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. I'm not a programmer (yet), but I can tell that code like
> samba doesn't come from people who don't have a passion for it. Thanks
> for some great software!
>
> Andy
>
> Andy Alsup
> Network Engineer

I have tried the cvs current and it also fails in the same way.  I have
paid for
my Dave 2.1, but I was waiting on samba features before upgrading and
checking
out these problems.  Are there any logs that I can send to help?
If one of the samba team wants to debug this I can try stuff and send
logs if that
would help figure this out.

Ta
--DeanG