make giving up on LDAP support

Tony Moran voices at ayahuasca.net
Mon Feb 15 16:32:42 GMT 1999

Hi all, when I try and include LDAP support, having done
a ./configure --with-ldap, I get this..  Compiling without
LDAP support works fine though.

I'm working on version 2.0.2, on Solaris 2.6, with GDBM, and don't
really know where to go from here..  so any help or recommendations
are much appreciated.  Searches on the archives etc havent yielded
anything.. and documentation on the subject is pretty scarce on the
ground..  I saw 2.0.1 had the same problem, does anyone know the official
status of LDAP(and SSL) support in 2.0.2 ?

Cheers,  Tony

..
..
..
..
Compiling lib/util.c
Compiling lib/util_sock.c
Compiling lib/util_sec.c
Linking bin/smbd
ldap_initialize_password_db         passdb/passdb.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1