Sol 2.6 ldap_initialize_password_db problem in 2.0.2

Tony Moran voices at ayahuasca.net
Thu Feb 11 09:50:20 GMT 1999

Linking bin/smbd
ldap_initialize_password_db         passdb/passdb.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1

Hi all, I'm compiling 2.0.2 on Solaris 2.6, and coming across
what seems to be the bug that david.finch at monosys.com fixed in the
Initialize vs. Initialise thread last December.  Now, the fix is included
in the 2.0.2 lib/util.c and passdb/nispass.c..so I can't see why I'm getting
the error..or is this a totally new error ?

Any pointers or help much appreciated,

cheers,  Tony