Quibbles re WINS

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at wdr.com
Mon Feb 8 19:40:39 GMT 1999

The cache coherency problem could be fixed by ignoring NetBIOS
registrations and relying only on information from dhcpd (and assuming
single-homed clients; DHCP doesn't make it easy to distinguish client
moves from multi-homed clients...)...

:)

Or nmbd could use output from dhcpd to invalidate cached entries, rather
than ignoring NetBIOS registrations.

All of which is easier said than done.

Still, cacheing with *very* small TTLs should still be safe, no?

Nico