thesis done

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Feb 8 01:29:37 GMT 1999

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> my thesis is now bound, and will be handed in on Monday morning.

wow, wow, cool!  hooray!

> This doesn't mean that I'm deposing Jeremy as release-meister and
> general top-dog. It really just means I'll be actually doing some
> Samba coding again.

excellent.

> My plans for next bits of Samba todo are (in no particular order):
>
> - the merge (with Jeremy)
> - get rid of inbuf/outbuf from smbd (cleanup + speedup)

andrew, could you put "generic-wrapper around the shared memory code" on
your list so that i can write a clean server-side implementation of
NetFileEnum, NetSessionEnum and NetUserEnum for use in rpc_srvsvc.c and
smbstatus?  it's not a particularly important or time-critical task.

i am most relieved to hear that you managed to complete your thesis.

lukes