2.0.1 recall - 2.0.2 release.

Jeremy Allison jeremy at netcom.com
Sat Feb 6 23:32:03 GMT 1999

Hi all,

	A critical signal handling bug was found in Samba 2.0.1
within a few hours of release (thank goodness !) and so I've
recalled it from the site and released 2.0.2 with a fix.

The problem was a missing break statement..... (my fault
I'm afraid) in the code handling systems with slow system
calls that aren't restarted (waitpid) - a loop was being
done to restart the waitpid if it was interrupted by a
signal, but unfortunately the standard SIGCLD signal
handler was eating the child return status in the
signal handler - thus the waitpid was returning -1
with errno = ECHILD - a condition that wan't being
tested for and hence caused smbd to go into a tight
loop doing waitpid calls under certain circumstances.

I'm just sorry that none of the internal tests
caught this one before release - please accept my
apologies.

Sorry,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.