thesis done

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Feb 6 01:46:05 GMT 1999

my thesis is now bound, and will be handed in on Monday morning.

I hope that this means I'll have more time for Samba, certainly it
means I will have less excuses!

I do still have quite a bit of non-Samba stuff to do though. I am
teaching a 3rd year OS course (Linux based) so I'll have lots of
lecture preparation etc, and I'm doing more parallel computing
work (all the stuff that's built up over the last year or so) but in
general I should be more available than I have been.

This doesn't mean that I'm deposing Jeremy as release-meister and
general top-dog. It really just means I'll be actually doing some
Samba coding again.

My plans for next bits of Samba todo are (in no particular order):

- the merge (with Jeremy)
- get rid of inbuf/outbuf from smbd (cleanup + speedup)
- auto-diagnosis in SWAT

Cheers, Tridge

PS: Submitting my PhD thesis does not mean I've passed. It can take
anywhere from 2 months to a year to mark, and the 3 examiners can ask
for minor/major changes or just assign an outright fail. Please don't
ask to see the thesis until it has been marked.