Some help with broadcasts through a Linux system

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Feb 3 22:03:36 GMT 1999

Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> That's how it works now.  That's not how it should work.
> The "heh I'm here" broadcast should be routed just
> like the packet that sent this email is.

Are you saying that "wins proxy" should forward
registration requests and not just resolution
requests?

I seem got have gotten lost in this thread somehow.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )