Some help with broadcasts through a Linux system

Dan Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Wed Feb 3 11:52:40 GMT 1999

>If you want to forward your netbios datagram broadcasts you have to do
>more than just forwarding because the data contains ip-addresses too.
>
>I've solved this problem by writing a patch for Samba which 'glues'
>the subnets of my linux firewall together. You can find the code
>at http://malt-whisky.student.utwente.nl/nbfw/ . The code is not
>up-to-date with the latest Samba because I'm abroad, but that's an
>exercise for the reader ;)

Jasper--

    Your code looks awesome, but here's what I get on the forbidden GCC
version:

Compiling smbd-fw.c to smbd-fw.o
smbd/smbd-fw.c: In function `find_ip_in_forward_list':
smbd/smbd-fw.c:60: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:64: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:64: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:66: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:70: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:70: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:70: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:70: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smbd/smbd-fw.c:71: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [smbd/smbd-fw.o] Error 1

    Sigh.  Is there an easy way to roll back to an earlier GCC without
breaking compatibility with everything?  Is there a simple fix in the house?
:-)