take on future events

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Wed Feb 3 08:20:30 GMT 1999

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, David S. Chappell wrote:

(CC: samba-technical as other guys could be interrested)

> >No it won't include EMF spooling. The SPOOLSS code will force the setup of
> >the printer in RAW mode (when you'll install the printer driver on the
>
> Are you simply saying that you seen no use for EMF spooling because the
> necessary drivers to convert it to the printer language don't exist, or is
> there some more basic obstacle?

There are drivers for Windows NT ! How do you want to run those drivers on
your Unix platform ? Remember that Samba run on many flavor of Unix.
And it's not Samba's job to convert between file format.

Now if you really want EMF spooling in Samba it can be done but you will
need an EMF to printer language converter back-end to print.

> Personally, I would like to experiment with EMF files.

An easy way to start would be to write an EMF to PostScript translator.

> Who is working on the new printing code?

Guess who ? Me.

	J.F.