take on future events

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Mon Feb 1 18:30:32 GMT 1999

Dan Kaminsky wrote:
> It would be preferable probably to copy this protocol, for mixed usage
> shops.  Samba exists, almost by definition, in places like this.

	**PLEASE DON'T ASSUME THAT***

	It's the common case, not the general case.
	Serving 80% of the general case is A Good Thing. Serving
	80% of the common case is a slow decline to irrelevancy (:-))

	Samba exists to support MS clients, which is the general case.
	Supporting MS servers is a good idea, but is not the only idea.
	Assuming it is eliminates consideration of most of my customers'
	sites. Which Would Be Bad.

--dave (speaking as himself, despite living at sun) c-b
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com