take on future events

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Mon Feb 1 13:22:16 GMT 1999

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Gerald Carter wrote:
> >    * LDAP support will continue (become official when?)
> >      - the ability to interface with an external LDAP
> >        server for Windows NT account information
> >        (used only for PDC functionality?)

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:
> There you're talking about standard LDAP support (compliant with RFC207)
> We'll need in the future a second LDAP version, aka Active Directory
> compatible.

	This sounds more like two access paths, rather than two disparate
	versions.  We already know how to approach MSs enthusiasm
	for extending the functionaility of format of the contents
	(eg, SIDs, passwords, etc, etc).

--dave (the write-once rule dates Unix's grandpa, ITS) c-b
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com