Security Identifier (SID) to User Identifier (uid) ResolutionSystem

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Dec 30 06:18:02 GMT 1999

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > well, i didn't realise that you felt that strongly about this.  it can be
> > written conceptually as something that's outside of samba's scope but
> > implemented as part of samba's... code.
>
> Yes I do. Samba is getting unmanagable complex. It's a fileserver
> dammit,

it _used_ to be just a file server.  when we decided to do NT domains, it
became (becomes) a hell of a lot more than that.

this is one of the reasons why i wish to separate the NT domain (MSRPC)
stuff into separate programs (daemons).  it says, "samba FS stuff has
absolutely so little to do with MSRPC that you can subdivide it into a
separate program".

 > not a complete UID mapping solution. That's a *different* program.

weelll... nmbd is actually several different programs all implemented in
one.

but you're right.  i should create SURS mappings as a .so shared library.