Security Identifier (SID) to User Identifier (uid) ResolutionSystem

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Wed Dec 29 18:43:49 GMT 1999

> > Yeah - but Luke wants to do it in the wrong piece of code
> > (Samba). Note that all the other things you mention are
> > programs external to Samba - I'd like to keep it that way.
>
> Does he?

no, not necessarily.

ok.  i think the only way forward at the moment is to do your external
module idea.  then i can go away and just implement thae damn SURS table
concept and prove that it works, while other people are left to use waht i
consider to be a highly limited (but default) implemenation.

btw i am not correcting spelling mistakes because i am using a 336k modeem
to telnet and then ssh, it's a bitch using pine that way...