dfree behaviour [Was: Re: Broken "dfree command" in Samba 2.0.5a]

Morgan Hughes kyhm at mars.ark.com
Thu Dec 23 19:09:52 GMT 1999

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, David Lee wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Colin Dean wrote:

> > The "dfree command" option in smb.conf is ignored by Samba 2.0.5a,
> > despite being documented in "man smb.conf".
> >
> > Details:
> > [...]

  I ran into something like this a while back, with 2.0.3.  I've got a
  patch for 2.0.3 (it complains, but works, with 2.0.5a) which enables
  the functionality.  Apparently the "dfree command" parameter is ignored
  if configure finds a reliable system call in the system...

  The patch should be applied to as clean a source tree as possible, from
  the root of the tarball (ie, where Manifest and WHATSNEW.txt are)

  Hope this helps!

--
   Morgan Hughes
   C programmer and highly caffeinated mammal
   kyhm at email.com