Roaming profile: login path= ignored on 2.0.6

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Dec 23 18:22:01 GMT 1999

itegem wrote:

> You all say that there was a problem with 'net use h: /home'
> Well I use samba with user profiles now since version 1.18 and it always
> worked for me on a HPUX 10.20 system.
>
> But now since this new patch in 2.06 profiles doesn't work any more.
> as you already noticed logon_path is ignored!
>
> Please be more careful next time you change something.

Well what would help is for people to download and *test*
the 'last binary before ship' releases that we do to try
and catch problems like this.

We do our best to regression test, but sometimes problems
like this can slip through. If you really want to make
sure this doesn't happen again I would recommend you watch
for the 'pre' release announcements and then *test* them
in your environment. We only ship a real release when
there are no known showstopper bugs in the 'pre' versions.

This would have been a showstopper (had you told us about
it :-).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.