Samba under Coherant and Macintosh

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sun Dec 19 22:17:33 GMT 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> it's going to be a lot of work.  there are well over a hundred locations
> where this function needs to be called, so i hope to automate the process
> somehow.

I don't think so. You need only to check in the "open handle functions".
NT will try the different info levels only if you allowed it to do so in
the reply to the open handle function.

remember we (you, jeremy and I) discussed that point several months ago in
private in the case of the spoolss pipe. The conclusion was to not do
anything and use the unix security, and that we need a more complete user
struct.

> there are cases for levels at 0-10, 10X, 40X, 50X and 100X that need to be
> examined in the MSDN to confirm this empirical observation.

levels are pipe dependant.

	J.F.