CVS update: samba/source/include (fwd)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Dec 17 19:06:28 GMT 1999

andrew does not want me to add the ability for unix admins to decide
whether to start and stop unix services.

i definitely want to add the ability to start and stop msrpc services, as
i find it a bit of a pain to do a killall srvsvcd; make; bin/svcctld about
once every ten minutes throughout the day.

andrew did not want the "magic script" option in smb.conf, which runs
scripts if you copy them onto a samba server (it's a bit like rexec).

if you don't speak up in favour, start/stop services as remote
administrator certainly won't ever get added.  if you are just a unix
admin and do not touch NT or do not use any remote unix administrative
tools with the similar capability [to start/stop services], please say so,
and your opinion will be noted but given less weight.

thx,

luke