Options parsing

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Dec 17 13:17:31 GMT 1999

"Michael Ju. Tokarev" <mjt at tls.msk.ru> wrote:
| I can suggest another approach. Many daemons will use some common
| variables here. Is it will be better to simply allow _any_ variable
in
| smb.conf?

| One thing is that in this case users will be unable to find tupos in
conf.
| For testparm, there can be separate text file with (name,type) pairs
| that are used by installed daemons (this will not require
recompilation
| of testparm if some daemon/component will be added/removed/changed).

	The naming is obsure enough as it is: I'd really
	hate to export internal variable-names.

	However, pruning what a daemon needs out of the cloud
	of params we have is sane: perhaps some indirection
	so that nmbd can use just_ignore_it() as the variable-
	setting function for "blocking locks" (which I assume
	nmbd doesn't need (;-))

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com