ksmbd

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Dec 17 08:10:40 GMT 1999

> guy.  you know i have written pam_ntdom, and david airlie has written
> pam_smb, and david _also_ has a "helper" daemon?
>
> this is a point on which i really, really think we should be combining
> efforts.
>
> plus, anyone else might want to thunk in to this stuff, too.

Yes, the helper daemon is pretty crufty stuff.  I threw something together
so that the kernel server could get configured and authenticate users to
the server and determine a user's access to a share.  It used LDAP as the
backend data base for containing information both about the users and the
server itself.

The user level code that I wrote was single threaded.  I was planning on
multithreading it if it became a bottle neck to the kernel server.

TTFN - Guy