[samba-tng] msrpc status

vorlon at netexpress.net vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Dec 16 18:37:10 GMT 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > b) And I think that there should be something like "thread-safe" support.

> argh.  no.  horrible.  :)  threads are non-ansi-c-portable.  you want us
> to exclude loads of people?  *sigh*

*Threads* aren't portable, but there's no reason that the source couldn't
be made thread-safe:  thread-safe code can be made compliant with ANSI-C,
too. :)

The hard part is making everything thread-safe.  Once that's done, real
thread support could be added with a small patch--perhaps made a
./configure option.

But I agree that the primary target architecture should not assume
thread support.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer