source code documentation

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Dec 16 02:55:25 GMT 1999

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Osama:
>
> 	Feel free to ask questions as to what various sections of code are
> doing; I agree with you that we do need to have more of our code
> documented.
>
> 	Please do not presume that Luke's position is at all representative
> of Samba developers as a whole.

i want to reinforce this by also saying: please do not presume that my
position is representative of samba or other open source developers.

i'm tired, recovering from illness, poor, fed up, been coding solidly for
about three weeks and thinking of designs about a day or three ahead of
the coding to solve problems that either didn't exist, i didn't expect, or
have existed for between one to three years.  i'm stressed out at some of
the rather vehement comments i've received over perceived problems that
turn out to be misunderstandings about design issues, but had to spend
several rounds in emails establishing the misunderstanding.

so if i have offended: read the message again, tell me why i have offended
you, i will clarify (email is often misunderstood), and if you are still
offended, i will apologise.

luke